Friday, January 12, 2018

Feel Good Friday - The Beginning

My daughter had been doing a regular blog post that she called "Frustration Friday." The idea was to get those gripes out of her system and move on. The reality is that focusing on the negative has consequences. She reached out to friends and family for alternative ideas for a regular blog post and I suggested "Feel Good Friday." After explaining it to her I decided that I should take my own advice.

I've decided to take the time each Friday to reflect on something positive. It could be something that made me feel good or something that makes people feel good in general. It doesn't have to be anything big or involve a long story. This is all about feeling good.

For my first Feel Good Friday, I'm reflecting on a code my best friend has with me. She no longer lives close to me, but she visits fairly often. If she reaches out to me and mentions PIE, I know its time for us to get together for a late night chat. We head to a specific restaurant that has late hours and hang out for a few hours chatting and eating. It started as going out to get some pie, talk, and decompress. Even though we didn't always have a slice of pie, the code word remained. That one simple word brings a smile to my face. It means I get to hang out with my bestie. We laugh. We gripe. We boost each other in a way that sends us home feeling great and ready to tackle the world again.

If you were to establish a code word to get away with your bestie, what would it be?

No comments: