Friday, March 23, 2012

My New Best Friend is a Suitcase

When I first heard the name Swany Walkin'Bag, I thought they made an odd choice in picking out a name for some luggage. It all made sense once I experienced the Walkin'Bag for myself.  Designed by a Japanese CEO who was a polio survivor, this is more than a rolling suitcase. Etsuo Miyoshi needed a bag that was light, easy to maneuver, and that he could literally lean on for support. With two of these suitcases, he could lean on the extended handles and use them like crutches.
Fortuno
Despite the great success of these bags, the downturn in the economy and then supply problems resulting from the Japanese earthquake and tsunami last year led Swany to close their operations in the United States.  It's a real shame since these are really amazing bags/suitcases. They're offering my readers an amazing price on their remaining bags.

Although the original Walkin'Bag had more of a traditional suitcase look, the more recent versions more closely resemble fashionable tote bags. You'll want to use it for work, going to games and events, family events, and more.


Fortuno, with seat
Here is why it's so awesome:
  • 360-degree swivel wheels – swivels forwards, backwards and sideways
  • A handle that adjusts to five different levels to accommodate your height
  • A handle with a patented curve so that it can support up to 250 pounds. Anyone can literally lean on it for support.
  • Several of the bag styles have a built-in, retractable seat that will hold more than 300 pounds 
  • Most bags weigh less than 6 pounds and are designed to fit under most airline seats in order to eliminate having to lift them into airplane overhead compartments.
  • Walkin'Bags are designed to be pushed along at your side rather than dragging behind you.

I've been using one for work and it's so much easier to use than any other bag I've had. Walking with it by my side took some getting used to, but I appreciate not having to drag something behind me. Extendable handles usually don't go tall enough for me, but this one will even to higher than I need it.  The bag can even come off the frame quickly and easily in case you want to use it on its own.

Swivel wheels are so much fun! They remind me of the shopping carts at IKEA.  The bag maneuvers easily and you can even play games like trying to aim it at a target - suitcase bowling, anyone?  The seat on the model I have folds down and even someone my size can sit on it. Great for standing in line or when you run out of  seats somewhere. It also makes a great table for using your laptop so you don't have to balance it on your lap.

ZipCart2
Because the company has called it quits, they need to sell the rest of their inventory by the end of March. Only three styles of bags are left, but you can get them for 50% off (half price) and they are shipping them for FREE.
The links will take you to the order page with the discount code already built in. Wouldn't you like to make your life a little easier? Maybe there's someone in your life who could use a suitcase that doubles as a seat and a walking aid. You won't regret it!

No comments: